1. Hijab has been forced on every woman whether she likes it or not. Wearing no hijab may invite severe punishment. And what that punishment can be? Let us hear from the mouth of Prosecutor-General, Abolfazl Musavi-Tabrizi. “Any one who rejects the principle of hijab in Iran is an apostate and the punishment for an apostate under Islamic law is death” (August, 15, 1991)
2. Women are baby-growing fields. Unbelievable isn’t it. Let us hear from Ayatollah Mutahari. He said, “The specific task of women in this society is to marry and bear children”.
3. Women are banned from studies such as Engineering, Agriculture, Archaeology, Restoration of historic monuments, handicrafts and many other fields.
4. Provisional marriage is lawful. A man may have four “permanent wives” and as many “provisional wives” as he likes.
5. The marriage age for the girls was reduced to 13 and then further reduced to 9 years. This is in keeping with the tradition of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who at the age of 51 married a 6 years old child (Ayesha) and had sex with her when she became 9.
6. Iranian women cannot marry foreigners without the written permission from the Ministry of Interior.
7. Divorce is an indisputable right of men and a woman can be divorced without any prior consultation.
8. A married woman cannot travel, work, join organization, go to college or visit her friends and relatives without husband’s permission.
9. Married women cannot travel overseas without a written permission from their husbands. This written permission must be presented to the authorities. The authorities are also considering banning all women from traveling overseas for higher study.
10. A husband can inflict any physical violence or any other form of torture on a woman. You say ‘this is absolutely cruel and unacceptable in Islam’. Let us hear from an Islamic scholar on this matter. Hojatoleslam Imani, a top religious leader says, “A married woman should endure any violence or torture imposed on her by her husband for she is fully at his disposal. Without his permission she may not leave her house even for a good action (such as charitable work). Otherwise her prayers and devotions will not be accepted by God and curses of heaven and earth will fall upon her.”
11. Women are stoned to death if their husbands charge them for adultery. A woman was stoned to death even when no man was found to have committed adultery with her. A Mullah took only sixty seconds to arrive at the decision and she was stoned the next day. Before stoning her to death the mullahs shaved her head and she was buried in mud up to her shoulder. Her husband and her two small children witnessed this ‘rahmat’ of Allah.
12. Women political prisoners are treated as war criminals. So, they are captives (right hand’s possession). Therefore, their guards can do whatever they like. Their captors regularly and systematically rape them (the women prisoners).
13. Virgin girls who are sentenced to death are not executed till their captors had sex with them and rendered them un-virgin. Since virgin girls go to heaven when they die, the Mullahs want to make sure that these girls can never enter paradise after they are executed. It is alleged that this type of sexual intercourse with virgin girl prisoners takes place on a daily basis.
14. A report by the Organization of Women against execution in Iran gives the following data for the period from 1981 to 1990.
1428 women executed
187 were under the age 18
9 girls under the age 13
The youngest girl executed was 10 years
The oldest woman executed was 70 years.
Sura al-Baqarah 2:223 Your women are a tilth for you (to cultivate) so go to your tilth as ye will, and send (good deeds) before you for your souls, and fear Allah, and know that ye will (one day) meet Him. Give glad tidings to believers, (O Muhammad)
Sura an-Nisa’ 4:34 …As to those women On whose part ye fear Disloyalty and ill-conduct Admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); But if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For God is Most High, Great (above you all).
Sura an-Nisa 4:24 And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hand possess. …(Translation by Pickthall)
Also (prohibited are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess: ….(Translation by Yusuf Ali)
Sura al-Baqarah 2:222 They question thee (O Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say it is an illness, so let women alone at such times and go not in unto them till they are cleansed. (Translation by Pickthall)
This is what is reserved for women by Allah!