in Islam, burning in hell forever is a punishment given to disbelievers; those who dont believe in the quran:
If Allah said that a certain person will burn in hell forever, this is a lie. It is not possible for someone to burn in hell forever.
Ask me why ? Here is the logic. I invite all Muslims to follow this ONE argument which I give here, and follow it step-by-step and tell me where I am wrong?
1) A human being is a finite being
2) Thus he can only commit a finite amount of sin in his entire life. The sin maybe a LOT, but it will NEVER be infinite sin. It would always be a certain definable quantity of sin.
3) Burning in hell forever is an Infinite sin.
4) It is NOT fair to punish a finite amount of sin with Infinite punishment.
5) Thus burning in hell forever is unfair and wrong.
Finite ‘good’ may be rewarded with infinite ‘reward’, and no one will object to that but to punish finite sin with infinite punishment is nothing but CRUELTY and insanity. – Abul Kasem
its unfair if hell is true, (but to me its sounds as fictional as the tooth fairies) hell and heaven are just tools to control the minds and fear is the biggest weapon islam (most religions) use